Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Mother’s Love

Pretty sure I wrote this after one of the many times my mother disowned me...can't remember the reason why she did, she was angry about something...

A Mother’s Love 
(5-1-03) 

A mother should love her children always. 
Unconditional, never failing, that’s how it should be 
Rain or shine, through all the days. 
I wish you could understand this, wish you could see. 

What you do to me, what your anger has caused. 
Do you care? Why is it always about you? 
This could have been worked out, if only you had paused. 
Instead you blew up, like you always do. 

The world is not against you, no matter what you say 
We had to grow up, you couldn’t stop that. 
For you to finally love me, I will always pray 
Instead you have used me, I was your doormat. 

You’ll always be my mother, can’t change that fact. 
I’ll try not to let you get me down, try not to cry 
I forgive you and love you, no matter how you act. 
That doesn’t mean you can use me, leave me out to dry. 

Only that I love you, like you should love me, 
One day you will realize, you will open up your eyes 
I only pray that when that day comes, and you truly see, 
That you still have time, I’m tired of your lies. 

 Shawna K. Whaley 

No comments:

Post a Comment