Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Human Nature

Human Nature 
(1-14-03) 

I’ve been lonely before, I will be again 
The tears have been shed, I’ve dried my eyes. 
The pain has diminished, I can finally see. 
I thought I wanted you, I really wanted love. 

I picked you out of the crowd, set my sights on you, 
Decided you were the one for me, though I wasn’t for you 
If only I had waited, if only I had seen. 
I never should have told you, now it is too late. 

I’ve made things change, they will never go back 
Your friendship is all I want, too late now I see 
The laws of nature are the cause, the reason for my ways. 

What I wanted, I could not have 
Human Nature demands itno one is immune 
What I want now, I fear I have lost 
That is my only regret, to lose your friendship 

Shawna K. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment