Wednesday, November 23, 2016

On The Outside Looking In

On The Outside Looking In
(10/13/01)

On the outside looking in, what a way to live
It's got its ups and definitely has its downs
No one to bother you, you've been left alone
No one to talk to you, you're own your own
On the outside, looking in. That's where I am
Most of my life, that's how it's been

They might open a window, might open a door
Let me hear they love me and feel they care
Then like the cold, I'd get shut out
Left to feel the hurt, the tears that follow
In my own little world, that's where I dwell
looking in on a world, as if through a window

Ignored and abandoned, all of my life
Except through a window, a window that's locked
Shut out of their world, shut up in my heart
Never to be accepted, never to be loved
On the outside, looking in. I bet you would know
Has more downs than ups, or so it does show

Shawna K. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment